Connect with us

World

Suspected female shooter dead after opening fire at YouTube headquarters

Gorkha Post

Published

on

CALIFORNIA — A female gunman reportedly died of a self-inflicting gunshot in an incident of cross-firing at the headquarters of the YouTube on Tuesday at San Bruno in California.

Officers and federal agents swarmed the company’s headquarters in the city of San Bruno as multiple 911 calls came in reporting gunfire.

The woman has opened fire at YouTube headquarters, setting off a panic among employees and wounding three people before fatally shooting herself, police and witnesses said.

MSNBC reported that police believe a woman in her 30s approached an outdoor patio and dining area on the campus around lunchtime and began to fire, before turning the gun on herself.

ALSO READ :  Thousands rally across the US to demand tighter gun laws

Senior law enforcement officials believe the motive behind the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute, MSNBC and other media reported.

San Bruno police chief Ed Barberini told reporters three victims had gunshot wounds and were taken to hospital. A fourth person suffered an ankle injury while trying to flee.

“It’s transitioning more from a tactical or active fluid situation to more of a static investigative effort, and we are going to be out here for some time,” he said.

Further, four civilians were reportedly injured in the incident.

According to the media reports, the South Francisco police posted on its Twitter handle to warn people to stay away from the YouTube’s office.

Agencies

Continue Reading

World

Jamal Khashoggi murder tapes were ‘shared’ with multiple countries : Turkey

Gorkha Post

Published

on

ISTANBUL — Turkey has shared recordings related to the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi to Germany, France and Britain, President Tayyip Erdogan said on Saturday, seeking to maintain international pressure on Riyadh over the killing of Khashoggi.

Erdogan,in the first public acknowledgement of the existence of tapes of the slaying, has said that officials from Saudi Arabia, the United States, Germany, France and Britain have listened to audio recordings related to the killing of journalist Khashoggi at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul.

President Erdogan also told reporters that Saudi Arabia had to act fairly and disclose those responsible for the killing of The Washington Post journalist to rid itself of ‘suspicion’.

ALSO READ :  YouTube illegally collecting data on children: Protection groups

“We gave them the tapes. We gave them to Saudi Arabia, to America, to the Germans, the French, to the British, to all of them,” Mr Erdogan said.

Khashoggi, a critic of de facto Saudi ruler Prince Mohammed bin Salman, was killed in Saudi Arabia’s Istanbul consulate last month in a hit which Erdogan says was ordered at the “highest levels” of the Saudi government.

His killing provoked global outrage but little concrete action by world powers against Saudi Arabia, the world’s largest oil exporter and a supporter of Washington’s plans to contain Iranian influence across the Middle East.

Agencies

Continue Reading

TOP PICKS