Connect with us

Entertainment

Rare Harry Potter prequel stolen in British burglary

Thompson Reuters

Published

on

A rare Harry Potter prequel handwritten by author J.K. Rowling on a postcard has been stolen during a burglary in central England, police said on Friday as they appealed for help from fans of the wizard across the world.

The 800­word story, set three years before Harry Potter is born and which sold for 25,000 pounds at a charity auction in 2008, was stolen from a property in Birmingham between April 13­24.

“Please don’t buy this if you’re offered it,” Rowling wrote on Twitter. “Originally auctioned for @englishpen, the owner supported writers’ freedoms by bidding for it.”

The proceeds of the auction were donated to English PEN, an organisation which champions freedom of expression, and to Dyslexia Action.

“The only people who will buy this unique piece are true Harry Potter fans. We are appealing to anyone who sees, or is offered this item for sale, to contact police,” said Constable Paul Jauncey from West Midlands Police.

ALSO READ :  Pakistan denies visa to Bollywood actor Anupam Kher

Handwritten over two sides of an A5 postcard, the untitled prequel features the characters Sirius Black and Harry’s father James. It opens with a youthful Sirius and James cornered by two irate policemen at the end of a high­speed motorcycle chase.

After an exchange of words with the policemen, the two teenagers make their escape using a touch of magic. The card concludes with the words “From the prequel I am not working on ­­ but that was fun!”

More than 450 million copies of the seven original Harry Potter books have been sold worldwide in 79 languages. The movie franchise has grossed more than $7 billion worldwide.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

John Cena breaks ties with fiancée Nikki Bella

Gorkha Post

Published

on

WASHINGTON — American wrestler and philanthropist John Cena has broken all ties with his fiancée and model Nikki Bella just before three weeks of wedding.

The couple got engaged last year in April during the live broadcast of Wrestlemania 33. They were supposed to get married on May 5,reported Mirror.

ALSO READ :  Taylor Swift accused of imperiling rare bird during NZ shoot

Nikki and her twin sister Brie announced the news on their official Twitter handle where they wrote, “After much contemplation of six years of being together, Nikki Bella and John Cena announced today their decision to separate as a couple. While this decision was a difficult one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another. We ask that you respect our privacy during this time of our lives.”

Earlier John confessed that their separate work schedules keep them apart for ‘months at a time’. However, the WWE star hasn’t revealed anything about this split as yet.

Continue Reading
Advertisement Cheap Air fare and package tours!
loading...

TOP PICKS