CHICAGO — Pop legend Prince, who was found dead in his home in a Minneapolis suburb in late April, died from an accidental overdose of painkillers, a medical examiner revealed after an autopsy.
A law-enforcement official Thursday said that tests show the 57-year-old Pop icon died of an opioid overdose.
The medical examiner gave few other details, with the sheriff’s department in Minnesota’s Carver County still investigating.
Prince was found dead at his Paisley Park estate on April 21, days after his private plane made an emergency landing that was also reportedly due to a painkiller overdose.
Federal authorities, including the Drug Enforcement Administration, have been involved in an investigation into Prince’s death.
A California doctor who treats painkiller addiction, Howard Kornfeld, had been urgently making plans to treat Prince when the artist died, the specialist’s lawyer said last month.
Dr Kornfeld’s son Andrew had arrived at Paisley Park to explain the treatment to Prince when he discovered his lifeless body and called the 911 emergency line for help.
Prince had appeared to be healthy to the public and was famous for his marathon performances in which he would play for hours or put on two shows in a night.
But the singer underwent hip surgery in 2010 and was famously private about his personal life.
Prince, whose full name was Prince Rogers Nelson, did not leave a will, and his multi-million-dollar estate including royalties from his more than 30 albums is being handled by a court.
The songwriter’s hits included Purple Rain and When Doves Cry.
Flood sweeps away bridge at Barhabise
CHUTARA — Flood and landslide triggered by the incessant rainfall have swept away a concrete bridge over a local Sandi stream at Barhabise bazaar last night.
It has resulted in disruption of vehicular movement, creating hassles to the people especially from Barhabise municipality and Bhotekoshi rural municipality, said Police Inspector at Area Police Office, Barhabise, Yadav Thapa.
Twenty-two houses of Barhabise bazaar area have been waterlogged after the settlement was flooded.
The Chinese government had constructed the 40-feet long bridge in 2024 BS. Mud and sands have piled up to five feet on the road sides.
Three excavators have been used to remove the landslide debris, added Thapa. Engineer at the Road Division Office, Charikot, said preparation was underway to install a bailey bridge there.Follow @gorkhapost