DOLAKHA — A woman died while three of her children have fallen sick after consuming poisonous mushroom in Kalinchok VDC-7 of the district on Wednesday.
The deceased has been idenfied as Phulmaya Tamang (48). Local people said that her two daughter – Anita Tamang (17) and Sanu Kanchhi Tamang (9)- and son Kale Tamang (15) became sick after consuming wild mushroom .
Preparations are underway to take them to district headquarters, Charikot, for treatment, police informed.
Two held on charge of girls trafficking
BETRAWATI— Police have arrested two persons for their alleged involvement in trafficking five adolescent girls aged between 13 to 16 — to India.
The arrestees have been identified as Nirmal Biswakarma (23) of Bheriganga Municipality-12 of Surkhet and Bikas Pyakurel (20) of Chaughada in Likhu Rural Municipality-4 of Nuwakot.
The Surkhet Police had arrested Biswokarma from his home while rescuing the captive girls on Friday and produced him before court on Saturday.
Likewise, acting on the statement of the captive girls, police arrested Pyakurel from Battar Bazaar, Nuwakot on Sunday.
According to District Police Office Chief Basanta Kunwar, a case related to human trafficking was registered against them on Sunday and investigation into the case was expedited from the Nuwakot District Court.
It has been learnt that the duo lured the girls, on their way to play Bhailo on Laxmi Puja, by promising them good jobs in India and transported them to Surkhet.
The rescued girls have been kept at a shelter of Women and Children Service Centre of Nepal Police.Follow @gorkhapost