Connect with us

Main News

North Korea threatens Australia with ‘disaster’ for engagement in US ‘war preparations’

Thompson Reuters



PYONGYANG — North Korea has threatened Australia for supporting America’s tough stance on Pyongyang and says if it continues to do so, a disaster will happen.

Canberra however said it will not be ‘cowed’ by threats and will continue to do everything to “protect and help” its allies.

In a statement on the state-run news agency, North Korea accused Australia of “dangerous moves” by joining what it calls the frenzied political and military provocations of the US.

“Should Australia continue to follow the US in imposing military, economic and diplomatic pressure upon the DPRK [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea] despite our repeated warnings, they will not be able to avoid a disaster,” KCNA warned on Saturday quoting a spokesman for the Foreign Ministry.

The statement specifically condemned Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop’s support for US policies, which she apparently exhibited during a visit to the Panmunjom village on October 11 with Defence Minister Marise Payne.

ALSO READ :  Russia to target US-backed fighters in Syria if militia attacks in Syria don’t end

It said Foreign Minister Julie Bishop had personally expressed her support for the US’ stance to consider all options including the use of force towards Pyongyang.

In its warning, the North Korean Foreign Ministry statement said Australia would not be able to avoid disaster if it continued to align itself with the US and South Korea.

Ms Bishop last week said she had real concerns North Korea might launch another missile test to coincide with a meeting of China’s Communist Party Congress.

Stressing that North Korea regards Australia’s “frantic engagement” with Washington a “hostile” act against DPRK, the Ministry accused Canberra of “zealously joining frenzied political and military provocations of the US.”

Continue Reading

Main News

Red corner notice issued against Deepak Manange

Gorkha Post



KATHMANDU — International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) has issued red corner notice against fugitive assembly member of province 4 Rajib Gurung alias Deepak Manange.

Nepal Police headquarters had requested Interpol to issue red corner notice against Manange after the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) of Nepal Police report that he was not in the country.

The issuance of red corner notice means police of 192 members countries of Interpol will be searching for Manange.

ALSO READ :  Left alliance leads in two-third constituencies; UML makes clean sweep in Mustang, Maoist Centre in Rukum

Earlier in January, the Supreme Court (SC) had convicted Manange along with three others in attempted murder case of Chakre Milan (Milan Gurung) and sentenced him to five years in prison.

Nepal police then sent documents to the Interpol headquarters on February 22 to issue the notice, which Interpol had refused to issue.

Manange, who was elected as an independent candidate to a provincial assembly seat from Manang district, has had several run-ins with the law on numerous criminal charges in the past.

Continue Reading