JHAPA — More than 20 houses were reduced to ashes when a fire broke out at Beldangi-2 of Jhapa on Monday night. However, no human casualties have been reported.
The fire that started from the house of Madan Rijal and quickly spread to other houses, police said.
The cause behind the fire was electric short circuit. Police said that the details of property gutted in the fire are yet to be established.
The fire was taken under control with the help of police personnel and locals backed by fire engines, Assistant Sub-Inspector Chandra Dahal said.
Finance Committee meeting deferred until 1 pm today
KATHMANDU— The meeting of the Finance Committee under the House of Representatives that was scheduled at 9 am today has been postponed until 1 pm.
The meeting was put off for lack of a quorum, said Chairperson of committee Krishna Prasad Dahal. Until 9:30 am, only nine members of the 25-member committee were present in the meeting.
Issues relating to capital expenditures and non-budgetary release of fund were scheduled for discussion in the meeting.Follow @gorkhapost