NEW DELHI — A man in Indian Capital Delhi has allegedly masturbated in front of young woman and molested her before fleeing snatching her phone in Lutyens area of India’s national capital.
According to Hindustan Times, the woman in her 32, who is a teacher at a language school in Connaught Place, had gone to the terrace for a break on Nov 30.
‘Hazy’ CCTV footage showed a young man, covering his face with the hood of his jacket, following her to the terrace.
She then started talking on the phone at 10am when a man came and started staring at her.
When she tried to walk away, he blocked her way, police said. He then groped the woman and masturbated in front of her. She, however, managed to free herself and ran towards the door that had been bolted by the accused, they said.
When she threatened to call the police, he allegedly masturbated, the woman said on Saturday. When the woman screamed at him, he made an obscene comment before snatching her mobile phone. The man escaped to another terrace .
“He then stepped over to the adjoining terrace and escaped. I could not recognise the man, but it seemed like he knew the place well,” said the woman.
A case was registered at the Connaught Place police station at the woman’s complaint, but police have failed to make any breakthrough.
Despite the woman describing the suspect’s facial features in detail and the availability of a ‘hazy’ CCTV footage of the hooded man, the police said [Saturday], 48 hours after the crime, the suspect’s identify was still not known.
The incident occurred just hours before the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data reinforced that Delhi is the most unsafe for women city in India.Follow @gorkhapost
Dead man alive: Romanian court rejects man’s claim he’s alive
BUCHAREST — A Romanian court has rejected a man’s claim that he’s alive, after he was officially registered as dead.
A court spokeswoman said Friday that 63-year-old Constantin Reliu lost his case in the northeast city of Vasului because he appealed too late. The ruling is final.
Media reported Reliu went to Turkey in 1992 for work and lost contact with his Romanian family. Hearing no news from her husband, his wife managed to get a death certificate for him in 2016.
Turkish authorities located Reliu this year with expired papers and deported him. When he arrived in Romania, he discovered he had been declared dead.
He was quoted as saying: “I am officially dead, although I’m alive, I have no income and because I am listed dead, I can’t do anything.”Follow @gorkhapost