Connect with us

World

India successfully flight tests supersonic cruise missile BrahMos

Gorkha Post

Published

on

NEW DELHI — India has successfully flight tested its supersonic BrahMos cruise missile on Thursday in western state of Rajasthan, the country’s defense minister said.

The missile was flight tested from Pokhran test range in Rajasthan on Thursday morning.

Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman took to Twitter and congratulated the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) for the successful fight test while stating how it will be a further boost for the country’s security.

“Formidable Supersonic Cruise Missile BrahMos was successfully flight tested at 8.42 AM today at Pokhran test range, Rajasthan. The precision strike weapon with Indian-made seeker flew in its designated trajectory and hit the target with pinpoint accuracy,” Defense Minister Nirmala Sitharaman tweeted.

ALSO READ :  4 boys trapped in Thai cave rescued

“The successful test will further bolster our national security,” she added.

The air-launched variant of the BrahMos was stest fired from a Sukhoi-30 combat jet to enhance the precision strike capability of the air force.

The land and sea variants of BrahMos supersonic cruise missile are already operational with the Indian army and the Indian navy.

In November last year, India successfully flight tested the air version of BrahMos missile from its fighter jet Sukhoi-30MKI against a sea-based target in the Bay of Bengal.

Continue Reading

Main News

32 dead, 1 missing in Papua attacks, Indonesian police say

AP Associated Press

Published

on

By

JAYAPURA, INDONESIA- Security forces tried to recover the bodies of 31 construction workers and a soldier who were killed in one of the worst separatist attacks in Indonesia’s restive province of Papua, officials said Tuesday.

Papua police spokesman Suryadi Diaz said 24 workers were killed on Sunday when gunmen stormed a government bridge construction project in a remote mountainous village in Nduga district.

Citing reports from several witnesses, Diaz said, eight other workers fled to the nearby house of a local parliament member, but an armed group came a day later and killed seven of them. However the eighth managed to escape and remains missing.

ALSO READ :  Super Typhoon Mangkhut heads for China after lashing the Philippines

“This is the worst attack launched by the armed criminal group recently amid intensified development by the government,” Diaz told The Associated Press.

Separately, Papua province military spokesman Lt. Col. Dax Sianturi said an armed group attacked a military post in Mbua village in the same district late Monday, killing a soldier and injuring another.

Continue Reading

TOP PICKS