KATHMANDU — Following the Kabul bomb attack that killed 13 Nepali nationals, the government has imposed a ban on employment for Nepali workers in the four conflict-ravaged countries including Afghanistan on Thursday.
A Cabinet meeting held Thursday evening decided to postpone issuing labour permits for Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya and Syria till a further notice.
“Until the government takes another decision on the matter, Nepali workers won’t be permitted to work in the four nations,” Minister for Information and Communications Sher Dhan Rai said.
The meeting also decided to give Rs 1 million compensation to family of each victim of the Monday tragedy, according to Rai.
“The meeting has also decided to make necessary arrangements to bring back Nepali nationals from Afghanistan who want to return home in the wake of the bomb attack,” said Minister Rai.
“The government has also decided to ask the Afghanistan government to immediately investigate the attack and make the details public,” said Minister Rai.
The government has also decided to ask the Canadian government for its official statement about the attack. The Canadian government has not issued any statement so far.Follow @gorkhapost
First Roland Macaulay Cup to start on November 21
BIRATNAGAR— The First Roland Macaulay Cup is being held in the capital on November 21-24.
To be organized by the Cricket Association of the Blind, Nepal, cricket clubs–Myagdi, Jhapa, Bardiya and Tribhuvan Army–will participate in the First Roland Macaulay Cup twenty20 cricket tournament, said Pawan Ghimire, the Central President of the Association at a press conference here.
The estimated budget is approximately Rs 750,000. The opening match will be held between Jhapa and Bardiya, said the organizer.Follow @gorkhapost