Connect with us


Flat Earth believer plans homemade rocket space voyage to prove earth is flat

Gorkha Post



CALIFORNIA — A California man, who believes the Earth is falt, all set to launch a homemade rocket in California as part of a bid to eventually prove that the Earth is flat.

Mike Hughes told the Associated Press that he thinks that people mistakenly believe the Earth is round because of a conspiracy among astronauts and he plans to prove that we in fact live on a flat disc by launching himself into space and snapping a photo.

61-year-old Hughes is a limousine driver who has spent the past few years building a steam-powered rocket out of salvage parts in his garage in the United States.

His project has cost him $US20,000 ($26,200), which includes paint to fancy it up and a motor home he bought on Craigslist that he converted into a ramp.

His first test of the rocket will also be the launch date — Saturday, November 25, when he straps into his homemade contraption and attempts to hurtle over the ghost town of Amboy, California.

ALSO READ :  NAC operates Meghauli flight 3 times a week

“I don’t believe in science,” declared the 61-year-old. “I know about aerodynamics and fluid dynamics and how things move through the air. But that’s not science, that’s just a formula.”

He expects to travel about 1.5 kilometres at a speed of roughly 800kph.

“It’s scary as hell, but none of us are getting out of this world alive. I like to do extraordinary things that no-one else can do, and no-one in the history of mankind has designed, built and launched himself in his own rocket.

He believes the Earth is flat, but he knows this is a conundrum, given he is about to launch himself into the atmosphere.

The rocket, which he aims to reach an altitude of 1,800ft (550 metres) over California, will be launched from the back of a converted motor home purchased from Craigslist.

His voyage is sponsored by a flat Earth research group, and Hughes plans a subsequent trip to try and observe the flatness of the Earth for himself.

With Agency Inputs

Continue Reading


Dead man alive: Romanian court rejects man’s claim he’s alive

AP Associated Press




BUCHAREST — A Romanian court has rejected a man’s claim that he’s alive, after he was officially registered as dead.

A court spokeswoman said Friday that 63-year-old Constantin Reliu lost his case in the northeast city of Vasului because he appealed too late. The ruling is final.

Media reported Reliu went to Turkey in 1992 for work and lost contact with his Romanian family. Hearing no news from her husband, his wife managed to get a death certificate for him in 2016.

ALSO READ :  Russian doctor punches patient to death

Turkish authorities located Reliu this year with expired papers and deported him. When he arrived in Romania, he discovered he had been declared dead.

He was quoted as saying: “I am officially dead, although I’m alive, I have no income and because I am listed dead, I can’t do anything.”

Continue Reading