KATHMANDU — Secretary at National Reconstruction Authority (NRA), Arjun Kumar Karki, has said this fiscal year is being marked as the reconstruction year and all the houses destroyed by the earthquake would be completed by the end of fiscal year 2076/77BS.
It is therefore the construction of the damaged houses would be completed in the five years of the earthquake, he reiterated during a programme organized by Transparency International Nepal on reconstruction and rehabilitation after the quake.
He said those building new houses need to meet the building code.
On the occasion, leader of the Rastriya Janata Party, Mahendra Raya Yadav, complained that the foreign assistance had not reached the earthquake survivors; NRA’s activities were very slow and people were suffering from landslides and floods.
Lawmaker Asha Kumari BK said the quake survivors have been afflicted much, so the government must pay heed to them.
Transparency International General Secretary Padmini Pradhanaga also complained that the reconstructions of quake damaged public buildings including school was lackadaisical.
Transparency International Chairperson Shreehari Aryal informed that integrity programme was launched for the reconstruction and rehabilitation following the earthquake.
The integrity programme was helping the government in the reconstruction planning, implementation and monitoring.
It was informed at the programme that only 27 percent households have reconstructed their houses so far.Follow @gorkhapost
All programmes of Nepal Sambat New Year 1139 cancelled
KATHMANDU— All the programmes to be organised on the occasion of the Nepal Sambat New Year 1139 have been cancelled due to the demise of pioneer of the Nepal Sambat movement, and leader of the Indigenous Nationalities movement and human rights movement, Padma Ratna Tuladhar.
All the programmes have been cancelled in honour of late Tuladhar. A meeting of Nepal Sambat Nhudah National Celebration Committee held today took the decision to this effect.
A Main Celebration Programme had already been scheduled at Basantapur, Kathmandu, on November 8 on the occasion of Nepal Sambat 1139 New Year this year too as in the previous years. All programmes to be organised at different places on the same day have also been cancelled.
Coordinator of Newa Jagaran Manch, Sujib Bajracharya, said that the meeting also decided to organise all the cancelled programmes at suitable time after the 13th day of the demise of Tuladhar.Follow @gorkhapost