Connect with us

Entertainment

Aditya Narayan arrested for running car into auto, released on bail

Gorkha Post

Published

on

MUMBAI — Bollywood playback singer Aditya Narayan, a son of famous Nepali singer Udit Narayan Jha, was arrested on Monday in a road accident case but was granted bail later,local media reported.

The incident took place in front of Indralok building, Lokhandwala back road, Andheri (West). Aditya also sustained a minor injury on his hand.

A Mumbai Police spokesperson said: “Aditya Narayan’s car hit an auto-rickshaw, injuring a passenger and its driver near Lokhandwala Circle. Apparently, he took a wrong U-turn, leading to the accident.”

“He misjudged while taking a U-turn and hit the auto-rickshaw from behind with his car, injuring the driver and a woman passenger,” said an officer from Versova police station.

ALSO READ :  Irrfan Khan diagnosed with NeuroEndocrine Tumour

After the incident, Aditya shifted the injured driver, identified as Rajkumar Palekar (64), and Surekha Shivekar (32), a passenger, to nearby hospital, he said.

The officer said the injuries were serious and the injured were treated in a nearby hospital. “Narayan did not try to escape from the spot and took the injured to the hospital. The driver has suffered head injuries and the passenger has also received injuries,” the officer further said adding, “Whether the injuries are life threatening or not, I will not comment on that as the doctors are treating them.”

“We have registered an FIR under sections 279 (punishment for rash driving), 338 (punishment for causing grievous hurt) read with section 184 of Motor Vehicles Act of the Indian Penal Code and waiting for the report of his medical test to check whether he was under the influence of alcohol or not,” he said.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Lindsay Lohan apologises for controversial #MeToo comments

Gorkha Post

Published

on

WASHINGTON — After receiving backlash for saying women’s #MeToo stories make them ‘look weak’, actress Lindsay Lohan is now apologising for her comments.

The 32-year-old actress caused uproar when she claimed that women speaking out to share their #MeToo experience “look weak”. She also claimed that the movement had been hijacked by “attention seekers”.

The actress,in a statement to People magazine, said she would like to “unreservedly apologise for any hurt and distress caused by a quote in a recent interview with The Times.”

Lindsay further added that her comments “solely related to my hope that a handful of false testimonies out of a tsunami of heroic voices do not serve to dilute the importance of the #MeToo movement, and all of us who champion it. However, I have since learned how statements like mine are seen as hurtful, which was never my intent. I’m sorry for any pain I may have caused.”

ALSO READ :  Harvey Weinstein indicted for rape

Lindsay concluded by saying that she feels “very strongly” about the #MeToo movement and has the “utmost respect and admiration for the women brave enough to come forward and speak out about their experiences. Their testimony has served to protect those who can’t speak, and give strength to those who have struggled to have their voices heard.”

On a related note, in her interview with The Times, Lohan had said that women who shared their experiences during the #MeToo movement were “attention seekers.”

Continue Reading

TOP PICKS