BHOJPUR — Five members from a single family have fallen sick after consuming poisonous mushroom at Siddheshwor-4 in the district on Tuesday.
Sabitra Khadka and her children Urmila, Pabitra, Bishal and Himal were taken ill after consuming wild mushroom grown in their garden, police said.
Sabitra has been referred to the Dharan-based BP Koirala Institute of Health and sciences for treatment while her children had already returned home after receiving treatment at the District Hospital, police informed.
Bakar-Eid being celebrated
POKHARA — The Muslim people people are celebrating their grand festival, Bakar Eid, with much fanfare today.
The festival which is to be continued for three days from today is also known as ‘Eid-Ul-Juha’. The Muslim community considers this as a festival of devotion.
Ali Miya Literary Foundation, Pokhara Chairperson and religious preacher Hanif Miya informed that the festival marked the beginning with the recitation of Islam scripture Nawaz at Idgaha of Pokhara in the early morning today.
The Muslim people who are almost 10,000 in number in Pokhara alone are marking the festival with much excitement, he added.
The Muslims visit the mosques, offer prayers to Allah, perform the Namaj prayers and exchange greetings each others on the occasion.Follow @gorkhapost