KATHMANDU — The Central Bureau of Investigation (CIB) of Nepal Police has so far arrested 36 medical doctors practising at various healing centers and facilities from 10 districts on the charge of using fake academic certificates for medical studies.
The CIB had launched the Operation Quack a few months ago to crack down on medical professionals who had allegedly obtained medical degrees and Nepal Medical Council licences by using fake academic credentials.
In the second phase of the ‘Operation Quack’ launched by the CIB with active participation of the Nepal Medical Council and Higher Secondary Education Board for the past four months, the police arrested 36 doctors — 13 from Kathmandu, two from Lalitpur, one in Jhapa, one in Sunsari, three in Morang, two in Dhanusha, nine in Parsa, three in Chitwan, one in Kaski and one in Dang. Of them six are females.
According to preparatory investigation by CIB, the doctors were found to have used fake intermediate or +2 certificates for abroad medical studies mainly in India.
CIB said the intermediate or +2 certificates of 35 of the 36 doctors are from Patna, India.
The Nepal Medical Council and the Higher Secondary Education Board have been assisting police to carry out the operations.
Meanwhile, Nepal Medical Council (NMC), the regulatory body for all medical doctors, has started investigations into the educational certificates of all 16,000 doctors to whom it has provided practicing licenses so far.
S.N. Name District NMC Licence No. Institution
1. Buddhiman Shrestha Syangja 7601 Kantipur General and Dental Hospital, Samakhushi
2. Punam Karna Mahottari 8888 Jharana Pharmacy, Kapan
3. Lily Rajbanshi Jhapa 3758 Tilganga Eye Hospital, Tilganga
4. Rawat Ranjan Kumar Thakur Mahottari 9497 Society Dental Clinic, Chabahil
5. Binita Adhikari Kathmandu 2687 Bright Smile Dental Clinic Pvt. Ltd
6. Bodit Acharya Kathmandu 2453 Care Dental Clinic, Purano Baneshwor
7. Dipesh Paudel Bara 14163 KIST Medical College
8. Gajananda Prasad Bhandari Kathmandu 2569 Nepal Family Planning Association, Lalitpur
9. Sanjay Yadav Dhanusha 11703 Universal Medical College, Bhairahawa
10. Santosh Kumar Jha Dhanusha 7591 Trauma Centre, Kathmandu
11. Rahil Faraz Ansari Rupandehi 11736 Tanahun Sewa Hospital, Dulegaunda
12. Nilima Khadka Mahat Dhanusha 4477 Amda Nepal, Jorpati; Healthy Dental Clinic
13. Binita Mandal Mahottari 4384 Resha Pharma, Chabahil
14. Ganesh Sah Dhanusha 7261 Lokhit Dental Hospital, Tripureshwor
15. Shreeram Ghimire Bhaktapur 6464 Hamro Sahayatri Hospital
16. Kush Raj Giri Parsa 3116 Shanti Clinic, Birgunj
17. Randheer Rajbanshi Jhapa 13391 Bajrang Clinic
18. Maheshwar Ray Yadav Sarlahi 5293 Marie Stopes Clinic, Pokhara
19. Nimesh Pal Rama (Pursuing MD) Rautahat 11463 National Medical College, Birgunj
20. Mohammad Ruhulla Rautahat 2917 National Medical College, Birgunj
21. Pannalal Prasad Patel Parsa 5395 Gandak Hospital, Birgunj
22. Sunil Acharya Gorakha 5425 Pragati Polyclinic, Chitwan
23. Saroj Kumar Singh Rautahat 6991 Narayani Sub-Zonal Hospital, Birgunj
24. Ishadul Haque Parsa 15497 National Medical College, Birgunj
25. Mohammad Abdul Kalam Siraha 2390 Trauma Centre, Biratnagar
26. Rajani Agrawal Sunsari 6203 Chitwan Medical College, Chitwan
27. Rabindra Kumar Pandey Mahottari 2984 Care Nursing Home, Janakpur/Mithilanchal Dental Clinic
28. Ram Kumar Pradhan Bara 4014 National Medical College, Birgunj
29. Ramji Yadav Sunsari 7241 Puja Medical Hall
30. Bishnu Prasad Bhusal Dang 8098 BR Dental Clinic, Tulsipur
31. Arun Kumar Gupta Parsa 2757 Norvic Hospital, Thapathali/ B&B Hospital, Gwarko/ Arthritis Care Centre, Birgunj
32. Sanjay Kumar Das Siraha 2132 Shree Ram Diagnostics Clinic
33. Javed Akhtar Ansari Bihar, India Using license of someone else Life Guard Hospital, Biratnagar
34. Manish Aryal Morang 4649 FPAN, Sunsari
35. Rajan Puri Parsa 16116 Chitwan Medical College, Chitwan
36. Dinesh Kumar Sah Parsa 4957 College of Medical Science, Bharatpur/ National Medical College, Birgunj/ Shanti Poly Clinic, Birgunj
PM congratulates Nepali national cricket team
KATHMANDU— Prime Minister KP Sharma Oli has congratulated Nepali national cricket team for being able to clinch the International T20 series.
PM Oli in a tweet extended best wishes and congratulations saying he was very happy to know Nepal’s win over the UAE by 14 runs in the third match of the series.
Winning T20 series is another landmark success for Nepali cricket, he said, adding, “It is big achievement for Nepal’s cricket. I would like to heartily congratulate entire members of Nepali cricket squad”.