NUWAKOT — As many as 29 persons became sick after consuming wild mushroom in Samari VDC of Nuwakot district.
The locals from seven households at Maibal village, who consumed the mushroom on Thursday evening, started feeling symptoms of illness from this morning.
Police said that the locals were brought to the District Hospital, Trishuli, for treatment after they started developing symptoms like stomachache and vomiting.
Condition of Darshan Tamang, Lenden Tamang, Dawa Tamang, Namjel Tamang and Sanchamaya Tamang is serious and they have been referred to Kathmandu for further treatment.
Finance Committee meeting deferred until 1 pm today
KATHMANDU— The meeting of the Finance Committee under the House of Representatives that was scheduled at 9 am today has been postponed until 1 pm.
The meeting was put off for lack of a quorum, said Chairperson of committee Krishna Prasad Dahal. Until 9:30 am, only nine members of the 25-member committee were present in the meeting.
Issues relating to capital expenditures and non-budgetary release of fund were scheduled for discussion in the meeting.Follow @gorkhapost